Machinima Monday: Dawn of the Titans

It’s Monday time, which means it’s of course Machinima time. Every Machinima Monday a Halo Machinima is featured, whether it be a full series or a one off video. This weeks feature is an awesome one off video named ‘Dawn of the Titans’.

‘Dawn of the Titans’ was created by Digital Virus and directed by Stephen Hancock. This Machinima was uploaded back in 2015, which was 5 years ago at the time of writing this piece (Crazy I know). However, the Halo game used for this Machinima is actually Halo Reach, which is known for it’s easy to use theatre mode and gritty looking visuals.

The description of ‘Dawn of the Titans’ is as follows:

When The Hierarches of Sanghelios are overthrown by the covenant extremist, Nakai, he carries out a conquest to locate the Mantle of Responsibility. From 2558-2567 he was able to conquer 3/4 of the human colonies, including the purge of ONI’s newly reinstated Spartan forces. With the UNSC being out of options, ONI turns to a retired Spartan I, Ki, to develop an advanced genetic augmentation to allow the remaining Spartan II’s to go above and beyond their original capabilities. This was known as, “Project Olympian”. Only 3 Spartans qualified, they are now referred to as, Titans.

“Not based on the actual Halo Story”
Directed by: Stephen Hancock

The run time for this incredible Machinima is just over 2 hours, so breaking down the story bit by bit would take some time. My recommendation? Grab some popcorn and a drink and get ready to watch a Machinima that’s the equivalent of a full length feature film. It certainly has the story and quality of one for sure.

After you finish ‘Dawn of the Titans’, you could also check out the other awesome Machinima by Digital Virus too. That’s all for this week. See you all again next week for another Machinima Monday.

Video Published by: Digital Virus

This entry was posted in Machinima and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.