Forger Fridays: Unsorted Guy

It’s been a while since the last Forger Friday. In fact, you could say we haven’t done one since last year. Not to worry though, as we’re starting off 2021 in style. The first Forger Friday of the year features the one and only Unsorted Guy.

Following the regular Q&A style format of Forger Friday, I asked Unsorted Guy a few questions regarding his forge creations and plans, so please enjoy his answers below.

Question: How did you first get into Forging?

So I’ve been a huge Halo fan, and I’ve played Halo since Halo Combat Evolved first game out. I guess I started as soon as Halo 3 came out. I’ve been forging ever since besides Halo 4. I don’t think I made a single complete map on that game.

I didn’t make anything remarkable or popular until Halo 5. That’s also when I became more dedicated to forging.

Question: What’s your favourite Forge map you’ve made?

That’s actually a really tough question. Probably tougher than it should be. I don’t believe I have a favourite creation of mine. I guess I love all of my maps equally.

I think it’s because many of my maps are different from one another, so it’s hard to pick one. None of my maps have been perfect either, they’re all flawed in some way, so there’s not really a single map that I’ve made that’s been my favourite.

Question: Do you have a favourite game mode that you Forge for?

I prefer making different minigames. Most of my Forge maps have been some type of minigame.

I have tried creating horror maps a couple of times, but I struggle figuring out the layout of the map and what it should be. The horror maps I have made haven’t been very well received either.

I do love when I get my hands on an empty block out map when all I need to do is make the map look pretty, but overall I do love making maps for minigames.

Question: Are there features you’d like to see brought back or created for Forge in Halo Infinite?

I could probably make a big list, but if I’m only mentioning a few, I’d be an a advanced terrain editor where you can make big canvases with mountains and even dig into the terrain.

The next thing on my list would be water. I’d like to be able to place realistic looking water. Everything from lakes, rivers and waterfalls.

The last thing I’ll mention is the option to scale objects. Halo 5 has many different sizes, but I always end up using more objects than necessary to build things. If we could scale the objects to our liking that’d be a huge improvement.

Question: In regards to your maps, are there any you’d like to talk about or mention?

So I don’t Forge as much as I did before for obvious reasons.

I did recently start on a few new maps. Some community members started hyping up and playing a lot of battle royale lately. I’ve played with them and helped out where I can.

I actually did finish a new battle royale myself a few weeks ago, and we’re satisfied with the map. It’s a huge improvement from our last attempt, but I haven’t released it. Not quite sure why. I think I’d like to prepare a video for it but I haven’t done it.

I also have another one that’s nearly complete. It’s a co-forge with another Forger called RPgallagher. However, we wanted to keep the map a secret until we started playtesting it. It’s a very scripted heavy map and has been a huge challenge so far. Out of respect I won’t say much more about it.

Question: In regards to the maps you’ve made, where would people go to have a look at them?

So I love Forge Hub and I post most of my maps there. However I also have a playlist on my YouTube channel that includes much more Forge maps and Forge creations from me, such as my speed Forge videos and tutorials.

You could look through my file list on Halo 5, but I don’t recommend it, due to all the files you’ll find of empty maps and such. I would say look at my Forge Hub profile or my YouTube.

That concludes this Forger Friday piece. We hope you’ll check out Unsorted Guy’s awesome Forge creations via the links above. A big thank you to Unsorted Guy for taking the time to chat with the Podtacular team.

For other awesome community content, be sure to stay tuned here at Podtacular for more community related content. If you’re a forger and think your work deserves a feature, or if you’d like to recommend a Halo forger to the team, feel free to sent the Podtacular Twitter account a message.

This entry was posted in Forger Friday and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.