With the conclusion of the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, it’s time to turn our attention back to The Master Chief Collection, which has a whole new content update. The update is a hefty 750+ MB download including fixes to almost every aspect of the game. Here’s what you’ll get next time you launch the game:
- Improved matchmaking search success rates.
- Made an update to reduce instances of “Awaiting Privileges” matchmaking errors.
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect “FIND GAME” screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made an update to improve Halo 2: Anniversary network performance, specifically in regards to bandwidth spikes.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary “Legacy” Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.