Today, the folks at Xbox Family (xboxfamily.com) published an intercepted e-mail from Microsoft that includes the various ways that the company will be marketing Halo 3 to the public in the coming months. It looks like come August, you won’t be able to turn your head without seeing something Halo-related!
Mountain Dew – Game Fuel
- The promotions team is partnering with Mountain Dew to create a new Dew drink called Game Fuel inspired by Halo 3
- Game Fuel is a customized, limited-time “Halo 3-themed” Dew beverages that contains 30% more caffeine and a citrus cherry twist
- Game Fuel will come in 20-ounce bottles, two-liter bottles and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans (~40M) and distributed nationwide at ~150K outlets
- Additional support includes TV and online advertising, street teams, and press distribution of the drink
- Halo 3 will be featured on Slurpees with 3 collectible linticular cups
- Dew will be creating special aluminum bottles of Game Fuel for distribution at 7-11
- Halo 3 will also be included on Doritos packs at 7-11 with a sweepstakes to be a voice actor in Halo Wars
- The team is also working with Pontiac who will be promoting Halo 3 along with their new high
- performance Pontiac G6 launch
- Pontiac will create events just prior to launch
- We will be partnering for a chance to win a Limited Edition Halo 3 G6 car
- Additional support includes TV advertising
- We are also partnering with Burger King who will be promoting Halo 3 with Survival Kits sold nationwide for 10 weeks during Sept and Oct
- On King Size upgrades, consumers will receive their food and drink in Halo 3-themed packaging.
- Additional support include sweepstakes, drive thru POP, and other activities
That’s in addition to the other branded materials and products already coming to the market, like the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 controllers, the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console, Halo 3 Limited Edition wireless headset and Halo 3 Xbox Live subscription cards. So, as a Halo fan, what do you think? Is this a good thing, seeing the Halo brand spread so far and wide? Or has it become overkill with Master Chief car commercials and happy meals?