Forge has gone through several iterations over the lifespan of the Halo franchise and it looks like it just received a major upgrade, filled with fan requests and brand new features. In preparation for the announcement, 343 Industries invited five community cartographers, some fellow friends of the show, to get their hands on with the new Forge.
The additions to Forge are tremendous and to appreciate everything 343 is putting into the new system, please go read their blog post on Halo Waypoint. Here are some of the highlights:
- Improved control scheme to make forging quicker.
- New multi-select mechanic where you can group and manipulate objects together as one object.
- Light objects with different lighting properties such as color/distance/fallout, shape/size, lens flairs, patterns, etc.
- Forge pieces with tunable primary, secondary and tertiary colors for more than 100 colors.
- Object pallets with over 1600 different Forge pieces.
- New object types and terrain pieces/behaviors.
Here’s the three new Forge canvases: Alpine, Glacier and Space.
Alpine has three other environments it can transform to: Grass, Landscape, and Mountain.